Sleeping Mommy

Mommy can get no sleep. It's been nine months and 13 days since I haven't been blessed with more than a 2 hour uninterrupted sleep...Maybe 3. On a very lucky day. He is generally a good kid, but when, oh, dear Lord, when it comes to sleeping, he becomes a little tyrant. It's like, he has an aversion to sleeping, he cries and kicks and screams, pulls your hair, scratches your face, practically fights you with all his strength just to escape sleeping.
We've tried so many tricks...Both me and my husband, we've become experts in singing baby songs, on various tones. sometimes loud and cheery, sometimes like a soft whisper. Most of the times it takes us at least 40 minutes to make him sleep, my back is aching, my arms turn numb, not to mention, if it's after midnight, I can barely keep my eyes open. Yes, it's hard. And I have no close relative available to help me. It's hard. Yet, in spite of it all, I find the most sublime joy in every minute of it. I must confess, I was never aware that I could love like this.

8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

He is beautiful. I am not at all surprised you are deep in love. And hope that he (and you) get some sleep soon.

Bouncin Barb said...

He has such stunning blue eyes. What a little love. I have to say that my son never gave me a hard time going "night-night". Even as a toddler he would run up the stairs when it was time. Have you tried reading to him when he is in the crib? Perhaps the sound of your voice and that you're in the room will let him relax enough to fall asleep?

Judith said...

He's absolutely beautiful, but when you're sleep deprived, you drag:) My first daughter fought sleep. My second daughter would drift to sleep when I sang a lullaby or read to her, but she had lots of allergies, and could only sleep for four hours at a time before she started coughing. That lasted four years, but kids are worth it! Hang in there.

Grace said...

That last photo says "I'm gonna put a spell on you" - and he did!

Launna said...

Petronela, yes, what is sleep?... those first couple of years are so tough, especially if you cannot get a break. I am happy that you have found out how you can love someone so much... Have a lovely week girl xox

Sissym Mascarenhas said...



Dear Petro!

he is so much!!!!!! WONDERFUL!

Some babies more work than others: colic, reflux, teeth, trouble sleeping. A few years later mothers understand that those little problems was the easiest. And it passed quickly. ;)

Kisses, hugs, love

Web Designers Pitampura said...

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

GST Courses Delhi said...

I am extraordinarily affected beside your writing talents, Thanks for this nice share.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...